- Endurance Athletes, Periodized Nutrition & Train-Low Strategies w/ Dr. Samuel Impey PhD
- Plant-based diets for performance with Nigel Mitchell
- Industry-Presented Webinar: Nutrition for Performance Theory and Effective Practice Guidelines
- Hydration And Nutrition For Endurance Athletes | Webinar | (2015)
- Matt Fitzgerald Talks Nutrition and Fitness for Endurance Athletes
- Nutrient Needs for Endurance Athletes
- Demystifying Nutrition for Endurance Athletes
- Industry Presented Webinar: Nutritional Myths & Practices of the Elite Athlete
- 178: Expert Edition: Trent Stellinwerf (PhD) Director Performance Solutions Candanian Sport...
- Podcast #35 Trent Stellingwerff on sports nutrition and leadership
Gain the plant-based advantage! Join the thousands of runners, bodybuilders, and athletes from virtually every sport who rely on foods and beverages made without animal products. Every day an increasing number of athletes, even those who are not fully vegetarian or vegan, incorporate a plant-based diet when training or recovering from competition.
In Plant-Based Sports Nutrition, registered dietitians Enette Larson-Meyer and Matt Ruscigno combine decades of evidence-based research with personal experience working with–and as–vegan and vegetarian athletes to offer you a reliable and complete explanation of how, when, and why you need to plan your nutrient intake to maximize nutrition and get the best results. They will help you make smart decisions about properly fueling your body so you have the energy and stamina to boost your training and excel during competition.
Learn how to get proper amounts of all essential macronutrients, vitamins, and minerals, taking into account your personal caloric needs. Draw inspiration from athletes who share how they succeed in their sports while following a plant-based way of eating. Enjoy plenty of recipes to use for training, event, and everyday nutrition needs and utilize the tailored meal plans and training strategies to properly fuel your body. Understand nutrient timing and relative energy deficiency syndrome (RED-S) as well as how to meet protein and amino acid requirements while doing light, moderate, or intense training for your sport. Get information on keto diets, tips for optimizing bone health and iron intake, and instructions for making your own fluid-replacement beverage.
Whether you are a dedicated vegetarian or vegan looking to add variety to your diet or you are an athlete searching for a plant-based competitive edge, Plant-Based Sports Nutrition will help you maximize your diet for optimal performance!
CE exam available! For certified professionals, a companion continuing education exam can be completed after reading this book. The Plant-Based Sports Nutrition Online CE Exam may be purchased separately or as part of the Plant-Based Sports Nutrition With CE Exam package, which includes both the book and the exam.